Saturday, July 25, 2015

Surgery is a Go!

Hey everyone. We got the news we have all been praying for.  Brian will have surgery on the mass under his arm on Monday, June 27th.  We are beyond excited to finally get this out.   They will remove the main mass and the tiny masses surrounding it and clean out the whole area. The procedure should take about 3 hours.  We hear over and over again that our surgeon is the best of the best and we believe it!

After surgery Brian will be in the hospital for a few days then when we are released we will be staying in American Cancer Society's Hope Lodge. It is a completely free service which we have been so blessed to get a reservation! We will be up here for at least 7-10 days post-op (until his drains can be removed).  Pray for us as I practice my nursing skills and Brian recovers.

After this will be more chemo and eventually a second surgery on his adrenals.

We love you all and continue to be overwhelmed with the love and support! Pray for little pain, quick healing, and patience. Also pray for this mommy and daddy who miss their sweet girl who is at home having a blast! Pray too for all the medical staff. Since having Harper and dealing with cancer, I have the utmost respect for nurses! If you are a nurse. THANK YOU!

Love you all!

Wednesday, July 15, 2015

More News


We officially heard from Sloan today. The surgeon himself called us at 7:30pm! Here's the deal. Surgery is a maybe. They discussed Brian at their big meeting. They want a better MRI. Depending on what they see in that MRI they will determine if surgery is a good idea at this point. They want it to be as safe as possible without affecting mobility or function of his arm/hand.  So we will fly up Tuesday, do MRI and CT scans Wednessday, and meet with the surgeon and hear his determination on Thursday. If they say no it means a reevaluation and surgery at a later point. Last time we weren't prepared when they said no. This time we know that is isn't certain. Please pray for us as we wait some more. Also pray that the surgery is a go! 

Love to you all! 

Saturday, July 4, 2015

Update time!

Hi everyone! It's been a while. We've had a nice six week break full of vacations, work, and facial hair!! It was super nice having Brian at full strength!  During that time Brian had and MRI and CT scan. They are currently in NYC being reread by their radiologists. Because we don't want to go too long without doing anything Brian will have chemo again starting the 7th. We are still waiting to hear what Sloan decides after reading the scans. 

Love to you all!!